Before the earth was removed

Before the earth was removed
Springtime

Monday, October 3, 2011

The beginning before any earth has been removed


I wanted to let everyone know what has been done at the gallery and I will try to post photos of what gets done as you view the images. Here is a photo of gallery BEFORE any earth was taken off or the trees were chopped down. Some of the people who have helped me so far are Ollie Solmitz who has an underground house in Maine, Jenna Halloran who works for me, Brendan Shea who has a company, Recover Green Roofs,and his intern Anne Sholley, Tome Wingler,an interested landscaper who lives in Dennis, Jamie and Elliott from the Youth Hostel in Hyannis, John Soghomonian(Jenna'a uncle)a master carpenter form Michigan. Wendy Mathias, my webmaster has been helping me with setting up this blog for purposes of fundraising and letting people know what is happening. Also Cindy Blakeslee came down one week from Vermont to add her organizing skills and helpful advice about computer sites.
I wanted you all to know the characters in this on-going saga so that when I talk about them or if they write on this blog, you will know who they are.

In May Jenna got three of her friends to help her dig the front portion of the roof where the leaks occurred. I wish that I had gotten a picture of all of them digging.
But now you can see the metal slab where the earth was removed and Jenna is standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Malcolm Wells - Perpetuating His Vision

Deemed the father of modern earth-sheltered architecture, the late Malcolm Wells imagined a future in which society worked with nature, rather than against it. Throughout the restoration of the Underground Art Gallery, those involved are committed to continuing Mr. Wells' work of restoring the earth's surface to a more natural habitat for a sustainable future.

Underground Art Gallery

Underground Art Gallery
Artist's rendering of the Underground Art Gallery in Brewster, MA.